How to use this Database
Below you will find images and descriptions of over 150 documents and artefacts that belong to the collections of the Feminist Archive North and the Marks & Spencer Company Archive. Each individual post focuses on one item (or more) and provides information about it. To read the full entry on a particular item, click on “Read more”.
To find all the items that relate to a particular topic, you can:
- insert a search term on the “Search” box (at the top of the sidebar on the right)
- use the drop-down list of “Categories” (which can also be found on the sidebar on the right)
- or click on one of the terms in the list of “Tags” (see sidebar on the right)
Within the page for each item, you will have information about the categories and the tags that the item is classified under. If you are particularly interested in one of those categories or tags, click on it to see all the items that relate to it.
You are very welcome to download and use these images for the purpose of teaching, research and study, but we ask that you credit the images as follows:
- Indicate that they were downloaded from the website Using Archives to Teach Gender.
- For images of artefacts from the Feminist Archive North, please indicate that the item is part of the collection of the Feminist Archive North.
- For images of material from the Marks & Spencer Company Archive, please respect the conditions listed here.
You can find information about the source of each image at the bottom of the relevant post.